December 6, 2010

post #1

hi.  i'm chris.  nice to meet you...unless we have met before, then.. nice to see you again.  

ok i'm not going to try to pretend and make you believe i know what i'm doing here..so bear with me.  

i guess first things first.  why am i doing this?  well, that's easy.  i wanted a place where i can share ideas, thoughts, insights, pictures and whatever else i feel like sharing.  mostly this blog will be about food.  it will give you a glimpse into the life of a chef (me), and my journey.  i should have started this thing years ago, but i suppose i'm a late bloomer...

so a little about me...

you can read my profile to get the basics, but this is more important.




this is me and my awesome wife katie.  she is amazing.  she keeps me going.  without her, i couldn't do what i do.  period.


these are our kids.  also amazing.  they are the light in my eyes, and make me push myself harder to be a better person, chef, and just all around human.


this is where i work.  if you've never been, shame on you.




this is me with the owners not too long after the restaurant opened.  good people.  great friends.






this is one of the dishes i did recently for a special tasting menu.  beet textures-roasted, meringue, puree and gelee.  with feta, balsamic reduction and truffle oil. 



another dish i did for same tasting.  buttermilk braised chicken leg. fried heirloom tomatoes. bacon cheddar chive muffin. butternut squash puree.

anyway, welcome.  hope you enjoy what i do here...because i enjoy what i do.

No comments: